Iraqi Timmen is a very famous recipe over all Iraq. It's simply rice with green broad beans. You will notice rich, delicious and special green rice accompanied with cucumber yogurt salad. It's so easy to prepare that you'll want to make it again.
- 1000g green broad beans, peeled and cut into halved
- 4 cups rice
- 1 cup fresh fennel leaves, chopped
- 4 cups meat broth (or 4 cups of water + 1 chicken stock cubes)
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- Chili pepper and salt for taste
- Place rice in a bowl and soak for 20 minuets.
- Heat corn oil in a deep cooking pot over medium-high heat and sauté green broad beans for 15 minutes stirring well continuously.
- Add fresh fennel and cook for another 15 minutes stirring well continuously.
- Drain rice and add to the pot then add meat broth, chili pepper and salt mixing all together well.
- Rise the heat to high until the water evaporated then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot letting it until Timmen Bagilla is cooked.
- Serve with meat and enjoy!