Lamb Chops with Moroccan Barbecue Sauce
Yummy recipe for Lamb Chops with Moroccan Barbecue Sauce. Start the BBQ season with delicious dish!
- 8 lamb loin chops (each about 1 in. thick and 4 oz.), fat trimmed
- Mint chutney (recipe follows)
- Salt and pepper
- Moroccan barbecue sauce (recipe follows)
- Rinse lamb chops; pat dry. Place chops in a bowl with about 1/4 cup mint chutney; turn to coat. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to 1 day.
- Lift lamb chops from bowl (discard any chutney in bowl) and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. Place on a grill over a bed of medium-hot coals or medium heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 3 to 4 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook chops, turning once, until browned on both sides but still pink in the center (cut to test), 9 to 12 minutes total.
- Place chops on plates and drizzle with Moroccan barbecue sauce; offer remaining chutney and sauce alongside.
Moroccan barbecue sauce: In a 2- to 3-quart pan, combine 3/4 cup honey, 1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs, 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup rice vinegar, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 clove garlic, 1 whole star anise, 1 cinnamon stick (3 in. long, broken into pieces), 3/4 teaspoon black peppercorns, and 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, ground cardamom, whole cloves, hot chile flakes, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced to about 1 1/4 cups, about 15 minutes. Pour through a fine strainer into a bowl. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.