Potato and Rice Kibbe Recipe
Try this tasty Kuwaiti appetizer kibbe recipe using mashed Potato and Rice. Enjoy eating kibbe!
- 2 cups basmati rice or 400 g, washed
- 3 cups water or 750 ml
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Seasoning for White Rice
- 2 medium potatoes or 500 g, boiled and peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions or 250 g, chopped
- ½ kg minced lamb
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Mutton Bouillon , crumbled
- 3 tablespoons pine seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- ¼ cup fresh dill or 20 g, finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Place rice, water and MAGGI® Seasoning for White Rice cubes in a pot. Stir constantly to boil then cover and cook over a low heat until rice is cooked. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
- Mash the potato and the rice until puree then cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium pot, add onion and cook until tender. Add minced lamb and cook until golden brown. Add curry powder, MAGGI® Mutton Bouillon cubes, pine seeds and raisins and stir until well combined. Remove pot from heat, mix in dill and leave to cool.
- With wet hands, take medium sized pieces of the potato and rice mixture, form each portion into a ball shape, making a space in the center by pushing your finger through from one end.
- Stuff with some meat mixture, close firmly to form a ball then flatten it slightly into small patties.
- Fry kibbeh by batches in deep hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve hot with green salad and yogurt.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.