Prepare the grill and try a wonderful recipe grilled sirloin steak supper you can serve up in a flash.
Ingredients - serves 2
- 1 large potato , skin left on
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large flat cap mushrooms , stalks removed
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 sirloin steaks , about 140g/5oz each
- ¼ beef stock cube
- large handful watercress
- Heat grill to high. Thickly slice the potato, then lay slices on a large non-stick baking tray and brush with oil. Grill for 10 mins until browned. Flip over the potatoes, add the mushrooms and tomatoes to the tray and brush with oil, then return verything to the grill for another 10 mins until cooked.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan. Season the steaks, then sear for 1 min on each side for rare, 1½ mins for medium or 2½ mins for well done. Remove and leave to rest. Add a splash of water to the pan, crumble in the stock cube, then boil to make a thin gravy, adding any steak juices from the plate. Serve the steaks with the veg, a handful of watercress and the gravy.
Steaks will differ in size and thickness, so only ever use cooking times as a guideline. If you cut into a steak and it's not cooked enough, you can always put it back into the pan for a few more minutes.