Delicious Lebanese recipe. Try the Lebanese way of cooking fish tagine, it's tasty and easy.
- 700 g hammour, fillets cut into small steaks
- 300 g sesame paste
- ½ cup lemon juice or 125 ml
- 1¾ cups water or 435 ml
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion or 200 g, sliced
- ½ cup water or 125 ml, additional quantity
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon
- Pinch of chili powder
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Place the fish fillet in a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 250°C for 10-15 minutes or until fish is cooked (season with salt and pepper and some of olive oil). Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, In a bowl combine and whisk sesame paste, lemon juice and water and whisk well until mixture is smooth then set aside.
- Warm olive oil in a medium saucepan and sauté onion for 5 minutes or until yellow golden color then add the additional water. Bring to boil and simmer until water is almost evaporated.
- Add the prepared sesame sauce over and the MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon cubes and cook while stirring constantly over a medium heat until it boils then simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Place the cooked fish fillet in a large plate and pour the sauce over and serve with white rice.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.