Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Roast lemon and garlic drumsticks
This budget-friendly recipe could not be simpler - just throw the chicken in the oven, season with lemon, garlic and parsley and you're pretty much done!
Ingredients (serves 4)
12 chicken drumsticks (see note)
1 tablespoon olive oil
60g butter, melted
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Place drumsticks into a lightly greased shallow roasting dish.
2. Combine oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Drizzle over drumsticks. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until well coated.
3. Roast drumsticks for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove from oven.
4. Combine remaining butter, parsley, lemon rind, 1/4 cup lemon juice and garlic in a bowl. Spoon over chicken. Cover. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
Notes & tips
* You could also use chicken wings, cutlets or chicken thighs on the bone.
Super Food Ideas - July 2004, Page 59
Recipe by Dixie Elliott
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.