Freekeh - Best Freekeh Recipe
About Freekeh: Freekeh, or frik is roasted wheat that is dried and cooked in many ways, such as a side dish, stuffed in chicken, or soup. This recipe can be made and served as a main course dish.
powered by ifood.tv
- 2 cups freekeh
- 1.5 cups cooked chicken broth
- Cooking oil
- Wash the freekeh very well with water until the water is clear.
- Soak the freekeh in water for about half an hour
- Heat up oil in a pan or pot
- Add the freekeh to the heated oil in the pot.
- Stir for few min until all the water is evaporated.
- Add the chicken broth, little by little and let it boil on high heat for a little while then cover and simmer until it is tender and soft and all the broth has been absorbed for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in a platter, topped with chicken and fried almonds and pine nuts
- Serve with plain yogurt or fresh green salad
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.