This is a middle eastern recipe for Cheese Fatayer (Yummy Cheese Snacks). Learn how to make the best cheese fatayer. This dish is usually served in Lebanese Restaurants. My kids just love it. Yummy!!
Makes around 20 pieces
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 tablespoon powder milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- a little oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- Around 1 cup water
- 8 squares of Kiri Cheese
- A pinch of zataar
- Seasem Seeds
- One beaten egg
- Mix flour, milk, sugar, yeast, baking powder,
- oil, salt and egg together in one bowl while adding water gradually to make a combined dough.
- Leave the dough to rest for about 20 mins until it rises.
- Take a small amount of dough at a time and roll into a ball,
- then flatten it and add the cheese in the middle.
- Fold the flattened dough and close in the middle (As shown in the pic)
- and place on the greased baking pan.
- Brush on top of each piece with beaten egg and sprinkle with seasem seeds.
- Repeat same process until the dough is finished.
- Bake in oven (180 degrees) for about 20 mins or until golden brown.
Recipe by Reema : Hungy
You might also like
Arayes Recipe - Manoushe Zaatar Recipe - Lahm bi Ajeen Recipe
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.