Lentil & tomato salad with garlic lebanese bread Recipe
Enjoy easy Vegetarian salad dish recipe of Lentil & tomato salad with garlic Lebanese bread. Cook healthy middle eastern food and learn how to make the best Lentil & tomato salad with garlic Lebanese bread. This recipe consists of olive oil, garlic, Lebanese bread, brown lentils, vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh continental parsley, red onion, fresh lemon juice, cumin, and black pepper.
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6)
1 tbs olive oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
4 (25cm diameter) Lebanese bread
Lentil & tomato salad
2 400g cans brown lentils
300g (about 3) vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
1 cup roughly chopped fresh continental parsley
1 red onion, quartered, thinly sliced
60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp ground cumin
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine the oil and garlic in a small bowl. Cut the Lebanese bread into wedges and use a small pastry brush to brush all over with the oil mixture.
- Place the bread wedges on 2 baking trays and bake in a preheated oven for 7 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, to make the lentil and tomato salad, place the lentils in a sieve and rinse well under cold running water. Drain well and place in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, parsley and onion to the lentils. Toss to combine.
- To make the dressing, place the oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon rind and cumin in a small bowl, and whisk to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the lentil salad and toss to combine. Serve with wedges of garlic bread.
Good Taste - March 2002, Page 55
Recipe by Michelle Noerianto
Raheb Salad - Tabouleh - Fattoush Salad - Avocado salad with ginger dressing
Save and share Lentil & tomato salad with garlic Lebanese bread Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.