Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Eggplant with Beef Shanks
The Lebanese recipes blog invites you to try Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Eggplant with Beef Shanks. Learn how to make the best Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Eggplant... a middle eastern traditional dish.
10 small baby zucchini or 800 g
10 baby eggplants or 650 g
½ cup egyptian rice or 100 g, soaked in water for 1 hour and drained
200 g lean minced beef
1 medium tomato or 150 g, chopped
¼ cup water or 60 ml
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon seven spices, ground
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
500 g lean beef shanks, cut into big chunks
2 cubes MAGGI® Flavored Mutton Bouillon, crumbled
8 cloves garlic, peeled
9 cups water or 2250 ml, additional quantity
5 tablespoons tomato paste
- Hollow baby zucchinis and eggplants. Wash both well, drain and set them aside.
- In a bowl, combine and mix rice, meat, tomato, water, salt and spices and set aside.
- Stuff baby zucchinis and eggplants with this mixture and keep 1cm empty from the top and set aside.
- Heat the oil in large pot and fry beef shanks for 5 minutes or until brown in color. Remove pot from heat. Add the whole peeled garlic and the crumbled MAGGI® Flavored Mutton Bouillon cubes.
- Place stuffed eggplants and the baby zucchinis over the shanks side by side. Secure the top with a plate.
- Combine and mix well the water and tomato paste together. Pour over the prepared pot. Place over medium heat and bring to boil (add salt to your taste) then simmer on low heat for 2 hours or until eggplants and baby zucchinis are well cooked. Remove from heat and serve.
Save and share Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Eggplant with Beef Shanks recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.