Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Vine Leaves with Lamb Chops
The Lebanese Recipes site invites you to try a delicious and traditional middle eastern dish of Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Vine Leaves with Lamb Chops. Enjoy the middle eastern cooking and learn how to make the best Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Vine Leaves with Lamb Chops.
Ingredients - Serves 8 persons
18 small baby zucchini or 1500 g
35 medium vine leaves
1¼ cups egyptian rice or 250 g, soaked in water for 1 hour and drained
500 g minced lamb
1 medium tomato or 150 g
4 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ cup water or 60 ml
1¼ teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon seven spices, ground
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 kg lamb chops, cleaned from fat
4 cubes MAGGI® Mutton Bouillon
8 cloves garlic, peeled
10 cups water or 2500 ml, additional quantity
½ cup lemon juice or 125 ml
- Hollow baby zucchini and then remove extra stems from the vine leaves. Wash both well, drain and set them aside.
- In a bowl, combine and mix rice, minced lamb, tomato, butter, water, salt and spices and set in fridge for ½ hour.
- Stuff baby zucchini with this mixture and keep 1cm empty from the top and set aside.
- To stuff a vine leaves; place it on a working board with the dull side and the stem facing up. Place a teaspoon of the stuffing on the lower part of the leaves, fold the outside edges towards the center and roll tightly into the shape of a finger.
- Heat the oil in large pot and fry lamb chops for 5 minutes or until brown in color. Remove pot from heat. Arrange lamb chops evenly then add the whole peeled garlic, crumble MAGGI® Mutton Bouillon cubes over the lamb chops.
- Lines with 1 layer of unstuffed leaves over the lamb chops then place the rolled stuffed leaves above them alternating the direction of each layer.
- Place stuffed baby zucchini over the stuffed vine leaves side by side. Secure zucchinis with a plate on top.
- Add water and bring to boil (add salt to your taste) then simmer on low heat for 2 hours or until baby zucchini is well cooked. Add lemon juice and remove from heat.
Save and share Stuffed Baby Zucchini and Vine Leaves with Lamb Chops recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.