The Lebanese Recipes site invites you to try tasty Moroccan Couscous with Chicken and Prunes. Learn how to make the best Moroccan Couscous with Chicken and Prunes. This recipe consists of chicken, onion, garlic, parsley, mint, cardamon, saffron, olive oil, lemon juice, tomatoes, cinnamon, Orange zest, chickpeas, Prunes, and black olives.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 40 minutes
1 kg skinned chicken drumsticks or 8 pieces
1 large onion or 200 g, chopped
6 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup fresh parsley or 35 g, chopped
¼ cup fresh mint or 15 g, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
¼ teaspoon saffron filaments
¼ cup olive oil or 60 ml
¼ cup lemon juice or 60 ml
3 medium tomatoes or 450 g, diced
2 small cinnamon sticks
Orange zest, one small piece only
2 cups water or 500 ml
2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
1 tin canned chickpeas or 400 g, drained
2/3 cup prunes or 130 g, pitted and halved
1/3 cup black olives or 50 g, pitted
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, onions, garlic, parsley, mint, cardamom, saffron, olive oil and lemon juice. Toss all the ingredients well. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 5 hours or over night to marinate.
- To cook, heat a large pot, add chicken pieces with the marinade sauce, cook over medium to high heat for 5 to7 minutes or until chicken pieces are light golden brown.
- Add tomato, cinnamon sticks, orange zest, water, MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes and chickpeas.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until the chicken pieces become tender.
- Stir in prunes and olives and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and serve with couscous.
Save and share Moroccan Couscous with Chicken and Prunes
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.