The Lebanese Recipe Kitchen presents the Turkish lamb pizza with pumpkin & lentils recipe. This pizza is awesome! very easy and delicious. Baked until golden, Turkish bread makes a fantastic base for fresh toppings on a bed of deliciously tangy beetroot dip.
Preparation Time 20 - 25 minutes
Cooking Time 50 minutes
Makes 1 pizza
Ingredients (serves 4)
700g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 3cm pieces
Olive oil spray
1 x 430g loaf Turkish bread
1 (about 200g) lamb eye of loin (backstrap)
1 x 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
1 x 200g ctn beetroot dip
Fresh mint leaves, to serve
130g (1/2 cup) low-fat natural yoghurt
1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into 5mm pieces
1/2 small garlic clove, crushed
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the pumpkin on the lined tray. Spray with olive oil spray. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender and golden.
- To make the minted yoghurt, combine the yoghurt, cucumber, garlic and mint in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the bread on the top shelf of oven for 10 minutes. Turn and bake for a further 10 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray both sides of the lamb with olive oil spray. Season with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 3 minutes to rest.
- Add the lentils and pumpkin to the frying pan and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Thinly slice the lamb across the grain. Spread dip over bread. Top with pumpkin mixture and lamb. Spoon over the minted yoghurt. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with mint to serve.
Time plan tip: Prepare this recipe to the end of step 2 up to 1 day ahead. Store the pumpkin and yoghurt in separate airtight containers in the fridge. Continue from step 3, 20 minutes before serving.
Good Taste - June 2008, Page 70
Recipe by Gemma Luongo
Turkish Bread Pizza Recipe - Turkish Style Pizza Recipe - Lebanese Pizza Lahm bi ajeen Recipe
Save and share Turkish lamb pizza with pumpkin & lentils recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.