Friday, September 17, 2010
Lamb kofta with quke salad & saffron yoghurt recipe
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Lamb kofta with quke salad & saffron yoghurt Recipe. Enjoy tasty Middle Eastern food and learn how to make delicious Lamb kofta with quke salad & saffron yoghurt.
Sweet and crunchy, qukes (mini cucumbers) are a great size for munching on their own, or serving with creamy yoghurt and spiced lamb skewers.
Preparation Time 45 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 piece Lebanese bread
Pinch of saffron threads
2 tbs hot water
130g (1/2 cup) low-fat Greek-style natural yoghurt
Olive oil, to grease
1 x 250g punnet qukes (baby Lebanese cucumbers), thinly sliced diagonally
3 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh mint leaves
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
500g lamb mince
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp allspice
1. To make the kofta, place the onion, garlic and mint in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the mince, cumin and allspice, and process until the mixture comes together.
2. Divide the mince mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into an 8cm-long log. Insert a skewer through the centre of each kofta. Place on a baking tray. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the bread on a baking tray. Bake in oven for 8 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool completely. Break into small pieces.
4. Meanwhile, combine the saffron and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to infuse. Stir in the yoghurt.
5. Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Brush with oil to lightly grease. Cook the kofta for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
6. Combine the bread, quke, radish and mint in a bowl. Drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss until just combined. Divide the salad and kofta among serving plates. Serve with the saffron yoghurt.
You'll need to soak twelve 20cm bamboo skewers in cold water for 20 minutes for this recipe.
Serve kids the kofta with tomato sauce rather than saffron yoghurt.
Grilled Lamb Kofta Kebabs with Pistachios and Spicy Salad Wrap - Lamb kofta with Lebanese bread and hummus recipe - Easy Lamb kofta Recipe
Save and share Lamb kofta with quke salad & saffron yoghurt recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.