The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to read about Health Benefits of the Chia Seed.
The chia seed is a very healthy seed and is quickly becoming a very popular health food.
What makes this seed such a healthy addition to the daily diet?
Could it be true? Could the Chia Seed be healthier than the Flax Seed? With the popularity of Flax Seed Oil and the sales of all Flax products soaring in health food stores across America, the flax market has some new competition. Look out flax; there is a new seed in town!
What makes the Chia Seed the super food that many claim it to be?
- 30% of the chia seed’s oil is Omega 3 oil. 40% of its oil is Omega 6 oil. This provides the nice balance those who take supplemental Essential Fatty Acids are looking for. The chia seed’s substantially dense percentage in alpha-linolenic fatty acid also makes this seed a healthy dietary source of fatty acids.
- You do not need to grind the Chia Seeds to digest it. It is a relatively easy to digest seed, whereas flax seeds are not. Often, one has to grind flax seeds to be able to process them in their digestive system. That is not the case with chia seeds.
- The chia seeds are great for athletes because they are highly hydrophilic. Being hydrophilic means it absorbs large amounts of water. Chia Seeds can absorb over 10 times their weight in water making them a great enhancer in hydrating our bodies. They absorb the water we drink holding it in our system longer.
- Studies show that eating chia seed slows down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrate calories into simple sugars. This leads scientists to believe that the chia seed may have great benefits for diabetics.
- The chia seed gels when becoming wet and this gel, when in our digestive systems, helps prevent some of the food, hence calories that we eat from getting absorbed into our system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes the chia seed a great diet helper. Eating the seeds also helps dieters by making them feel fuller faster so they will be less hungry!
- Chia seeds provide antioxidant activity
- Chia is a great addition to a detoxification program. Chia seeds are high in fiber and in healthy oils making them an excellent addition to many detox programs.
- Mix Chia seeds into yogurt, sprinkle them on cereal in the morning, add to salads, or even add them to your baking. There are many ways to add chia seeds into your daily routine!
More Article about Natural Food Benefits
Apple Health Benefits
Health benefits of cinnamon
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Benefits of Coconut Water
Save and share Chia Seed Health Benefits
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.