Chicken tagine with couscous recipe
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Chicken tagine with couscous Recipe. Enjoy quick & easy Moroccan recipes and learn how to make Chicken tagine with couscous.
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 (180g each) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon Moroccan spice mix
400g can diced tomatoes
400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
1 zucchini, halved, cut into 1cm pieces
1 1/2 cups couscous
coriander leaves, to serve
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until light golden. Remove to a plate.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add spice mix. Cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
3. Return chicken to pan. Add tomatoes, chickpeas and zucchini. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, place 11/2 cups cold water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in couscous. Cover and stand for 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir couscous with a fork to separate grains.
5. Spoon couscous onto plates. Spoon over chicken tagine. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve.
Super Food Ideas - September 2007, Page 74
Recipe by Annette Forrest and Jenny Fanshaw
More Moroccan Tagine Recipes:
Fast chicken tagine
Easy fish tagine recipe
Moroccan Duck Tagine
Moroccan Chicken Tagine
Vegetable tagine with chickpeas & raisins
Save and share Chicken tagine with couscous recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.