Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Chicken Tajine Recipe
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Chicken Tajine Recipe. Enjoy the Moroccan cuisine and learn how to make Chicken Tajine.
1 whole chicken, approximately 3½ to 5 lbs.
2 medium onions, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 Cup chopped Cilantro
1/2 Cup chopped parsley
1/2 tea spoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 tea spoon turmeric
2 Table spoon olive oil
1 Cup water
2 pickled lemons
1/2 Cup olives, not pitted
- Rinse Chicken inside and out; rub with salt. Rinse well again and pat dry.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pot over a medium-high heat.
- Mix together, onion, garlic, spices, parsley, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub the chicken with ½ of the mixture and carefully place in the heated pot; turning until the chicken is golden brown. Add water and cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer for one hour or until cooked.
- Chop one pickled lemon and combine with the remaining onion and spice mixture and add the mixture to the pot.
- Rinse and drain the olives and add to the chicken. Continue to heat uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken. Set aside in a warm place.
- Continue to heat the remaining liquid until it is reduced.
- Cut the remaining pickled lemon into strips.
- Place chicken on a serving dish, garnish with the sauce, olives and pickled lemon strips
More Moroccan Tagine Recipes:
Chicken Tagine with Green Olives and Preserved Lemon
Quick Tagine-Style Chicken
Beef, pumpkin and date tagine
Chicken tagine with carrots & dates
Chicken & chickpea tagine
Lamb and apricot tagine
Save and share Chicken Tajine Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.