Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Simple Eid Cookies (ka’ak) - How to Make Simple Eid Cookies (ka’ak)
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Simple Eid Cookies (ka’ak) Recipe. Enjoy Eid dessert recipes and learn how to make Simple Eid Cookies (ka’ak).
1 cup ghee (clarified butter)
½ cup warm milk
½ teaspoon rose water
2 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sesame
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ kg Turkish delight (lokum, malban)
- shake ghee, milk and rose water until well combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder in a bowl, add sesame and salt.
- Add flour mixture to ghee mixture, knead until smooth.
- Preheat oven to (180 – 350) degrees.
- Form dough into walnut sized balls
- Shape Turkish delight into tiny balls.
- Make a hole in the center of the dough using your finger.
- Place the Turkish delight balls in the center of each ball.
- Seal the dough up over it and press edges together.
- Flatten each ball a little and make a design using a fork or (monkash) or a cookie mold.
- Place cookies at least 1 inch apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dust with confectioners (powder) sugar.
Save and share Simple Eid Cookies (ka’ak) recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.