Upside down okra rice casserole recipe
|Photo: Upside down okra rice casserole (Chef Osama)|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes)invites you to try Upside down okra rice casserole Recipe. Enjoy quick and easy Middle Eastern food recipes and learn how to make Upside down okra rice casserole.
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cups frozen okra
3 cups stock
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup tomato, diced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 1/2 tablespoon fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, dill and mint), chopped
3 cups Basmati rice, cooked
Salt and pepper
- Clean okra by removing the top and bottom parts, cut into halves.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a pan over a medium heat, add okra and stir for few minutes.
- Add 1 cup stock, lemon juice and boil, reduce heat and leave for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Heat remaining oil in another pan over a medium heat, add onion and garlic and stir till translucent.
- Add bell pepper, tomato and tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Pour remaining stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat and leave for 15 minutes or until sauce thickened, set aside.
- Place rice in a bowl; add 4 tablespoons of sauce and fresh herbs and mix well.
- Arrange okra in the bottom of a round mold to cover it all.
- Top with a layer of rice, lightly press rice with a back of spoon so it can flip easily.
- Flip it over a serving dish with the remaining sauce.
Source: Chef Osama
More from the Lebanese Recipe Kitchen:
Rice with Chicken and Tomatoes Recipe
Lebanese chicken and rice (riz ala' dajaj) recipe
Bokhari Rice Recipe
Spicy chickpea rice “kedreh” Recipe
Addas polow (Persian rice pilaf and lentils) recipe
Okra Stew with Rice Recipe
Save and share Upside down okra rice casserole recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.