Orange Blossom Tahini Cookies Recipe
|Orange Blossom Tahini Cookies|
These flourless cookies embody some of the best flavours of the Middle East and are made with whole food unrefined ingredients such as ground almonds, tahini, orange blossom water and pistachios for a cookie that you can feel good about indulging in.
1/2 C Blanched Almonds (80 gr)
3 Tbsp Tahini (I used hulled and roasted here for flavour and the runny consistency)
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, solid but slightly softened
2 Tbsp Brown Rice Syrup
1/2 Tsp Orange Blossom Water
Crushed pistachio nuts, for topping
- Add almonds to a food processor and grind until you have a coarse meal.
- Add cold coconut oil and pulse, then add brown rice syrup, tahini and orange blossom water and process until it all comes together to form a paste.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor onto a piece of parchment paper and press together into a ball. Roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 – 60 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and work quickly to form 9 cookie dough balls. Press one side of the cookie dough balls into the crushed pistachio nuts, flattening the cookie slightly into a small disk.
- Place cookies on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, pistachio side up, making sure to leave space between them so they can spread, and bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the edges turn golden. Be careful not to over bake them as almond meal tends to burn quickly.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Do not attempt to take them off the tray while they’re still hot as they will fall apart. Once cooled, serve with tea or coffee, or chomp on them alone.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.