Saffron Honey Meringue Panna Cotta Recipe
|Saffron Honey Meringue Panna Cotta|
Shaikha, founder of “When Shaikha Cooks” blog has created a unique recipe yet delicious one. She used honey with orange blossom flavor together with saffron to offer us a great Emirati panna cotta!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes approximately
Cooking Time: 1 hour & 15 minutes approximately
Serves: 10 persons
All you need
30g al alali Orange Blossom Honey
4 tbsps. sugar
Generous pinch of saffron
4 egg whites
50g al alai Orange Blossom Honey
120g egg whites
- Preheat oven at 125˚C (257˚ F)
- In a pan over medium heat, warm cream, al alai Orange Blossom Honey, sugar and saffron. Cook until just simmering then remove from heat and set aside
- Beat egg whites in a mixer and just before they reach soft peaks, slowly start drizzling cream mixture
- Distribute mixture equally in serving cups, then bake in a water bath in oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, then chill for 4 hours or overnight in fridge
- In a saucepan, add water, al alai Orange Blossom Honey, and caster sugar, don’t mix and allow to cook until boiling
- Beat egg whites in a mixer until you get soft peaks, then slowly start drizzling sugar mixture while the machine is running. Mix until the bowl has cooled
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag and pipe in a swirl shape over the panda cotta, blow torch to perfection.
- Serve and enjoy!