Lamb Tomato and Green Peas Rice
Lamb Tomato and Green Peas Rice main dish from the Saudi Arabia cuisine.
- 750g lamb, cut into big chunks
- 8 cups or 2000ml water
- 3 tablespoons vegetables oil
- 1 medium or 125g onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon each of ground cardamom, cinnamon powder, turmeric powder, ground coriander and nut meg powder
- 2 medium or 300g tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tin or 400g green peas, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cubes MAGGI Chicken Stock
- 2½ cups or 500g Basmati rice, washed and drained
- Put lamb chunks and water in a large pot. Bring to boil and remove froth as it appears. Simmer over low heat for 1½ hours or until lamb becomes tender. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan, add and cook onions over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until they become golden brown in color. Add spices, tomatoes, green peas, tomato paste and MAGGI Chicken Stock cubes. Stir for 2 minutes then add the cooked lamb with 4½ cups of the cooked lamb stock, if the lamb stock is not enough add the some normal water.
- Add the rice and stir occasionally. Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until rice is cooked.