Baba Ganush is usually eaten as a dip with pita bread, and is sometimes added to other dishes. It is usually of an earthy light brown color.
Ingredients - Baba Ganush:
- 1 large eggplant
- garlic powder or fresh garlic
- pepper or hot sauce
- fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 scallion, chopped (optional)
- Wash eggplant. Pierce in a few places with a fork or knife.
- Bake eggplant in 450 oven until skin has almost collapsed and the eggplant is very soft. Let cool.
- Scoop out and mash all of the flesh.
- Throw away the skin. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Refrigerate and Serve.
See More Middle Eastern Mezze Recipes: