Sfouf is a sweet almond cake from Lebanon. This sfouf recipe is easy and delicious authentic Lebanese dessert dish.
- 1-1/2 cups semolina flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch round baking pan. In a small bowl, mix semolina, flour, turmeric and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add flour mixture and oil and beat with an electric beater at medium speed for 5 minutes. This step is essential, do not use any shortcuts. Pour into a prepared 9 inch round pan. Sprinkle top with pine nuts. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out dry.