Tasty and delicious traditional Lebanese Chicken dish.
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 lg. garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 chickens (3 lbs. each) Split lengthwise, backbones removed and discarded
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Whisk lemon juice, minced garlic, thyme, paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Place chicken in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour marinade over;turn chicken to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 425*F. Transfer chicken and marinade to large roasting pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, basting occasionally with pan juices, about 50 min. Transfer chicken to plates. Garnish with lemon wedges. Pass pan juices separately.