- 300 g Minced Meat
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth, or meat broth
- 1 Onion, medium size, finely chopped
- 1 cup Parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Margarine, or oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Margarine, or ghee, melted
- Salt and Pepper
- 10 Rokak
1. Preparing meat stuffing:
- In a medium pan, heat 1 tbsp margarine over medium-high heat. Add onion and stir until yellow. Add meat, salt and pepper and stir for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat, cover pan and leave to cook for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add parsley and stir.
- Spread half quantity of melted margarine in a metal baking dish (round or rectangular depending on the shape of rokak slices).
- Heat broth in a metal baking dish, whose size is a bit bigger than that of the dish you will bake in. Take one rokak slice and dip it in baking dish with broth from both sides. Place slice in the other baking dish to make one layer making sure there are n
- Repeat same process with the rest of rokak slices layering them on top of each other until you finish half the quantity.
- Put meat mix on top of rokak layers in the baking dish.
- Repeat same above steps with the other half of rokak slices making a set of layers on top of meat. Brush last slice with remaining margarine.
- Press on slices with your hand so that they stick together. You can pour remaining broth on edges of the dish.
- Heat oven to high heat (220-240 C). Place dish in oven. Leave for about 35-45 minutes or until surface becomes golden brown.
- Take dish out of oven and cut rokak into equal sectors with a sharp knife. You may serve it in the same dish or remove it to a platter.