Enjoy preparing desserts the Oriental way, try an easy recipe to make Othmaliye Bil-Kishta and Strawberry!
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 250 g othmaliye dough, readymade
- ½ cup ghee or 125 ml, melted
- 1 tin NESTLÉ® Cream or 170 g
- 2 cups milk or 500 ml
- 1/3 cup corn flour or 40 g
- 1 tablespoon blossom water
- 1 cup strawberries or 200 g, cut into slices
- 1 cup sugar syrup or 250 ml
- Cover the bottom of a round 25cm baking tin with half the quantity of othmaliye dough. Pour ½ quantity of melted ghee over the dough (reserve the remaining half of melted ghee) and bake in a 200˚C preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until dough is golden brown in color. Remove from the oven and carefully take the crusted dough out and place it on a flat platter.
- In the same baking tin, cover the bottom with the rest of the dough and pour the remaining melted ghee and bake again in the oven in the same way. Remove and place on a separate flat platter.
- Meanwhile, add NESTLÉ® Cream , milk and corn flour to a large saucepan, bring to boil with constant stirring then simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir with orange blossom water. Allow to cool at room temperature. (Cover with cling film to avoid the top drying up).
- Stir the cooled cream well until very smooth. Spread the cream mixture over the first part of the baked dough. Arrange sliced strawberries on top of the cream then place the second part of the baked dough on top.
- Slice and serve with the sugar syrup.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.