Ingredients - serves 6 persons
- For the shish taouk marination:
- 750 g chicken breast fillets, cut into medium size cubes
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup yoghurt or 125 ml
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon, dissolved in ¼ cup or 65ml hot water
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon white ground pepper
- 2 small green capsicum peppers or 200 g, cut into medium cubes
- 2 cups basmati rice or 400 g, washed
- 3½ cups water or 875 ml
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Seasoning for White Rice
- In a bowl, combine and mix all shish taouk marination ingredients. Cover and marinade in fridge for at least 12 hours.
- In a wooden skewer, arrange chicken and capsicum.
- Grill the shish taouk on medium heat for 5-7 minutes from all sides or until it’s cooked and golden brown in color.
- Add the water to a large saucepan. Add the rice, oil and MAGGI® Seasoning for White Rice cubes.
- Stir constantly until it boils, cover and cook over low heat for 15- 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.