Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Ingredients (serves 4)
1kg scotch fillet beef, trimmed
12 chat potatoes
olive oil cooking spray
dressed salad leaves, to serve
Herb and garlic spice rub
1 1/2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
1/3 cup rosemary leaves
1 tablespoon thyme leaves
1/3 cup dijon mustard
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Make herb and garlic spice rub: Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place beef on a plate. Use fingertips to cover beef with spice rub. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Place, in a single layer, on a baking tray. Cool. Using the palm of your hand, squash potatoes. Spray both sides with oil.
4. Preheat oven to 200°C. Remove beef from fridge and transfer to a roasting pan. Set aside for 20 minutes. Place potatoes on top shelf in oven and beef underneath. Roast for 45 minutes for medium beef or until cooked to your liking. Remove beef from oven. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Increase oven temperature to 220°C. Roast potatoes for a further 10 minutes or until crisp.
5. Slice beef. Serve with crisp potatoes and salad leaves.
Super Food Ideas - April 2006, Page 68
Recipe by Michelle Lucia
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.