Bamia (Okra) in olive oil is a vegetarian recipe. It's simple and delicious Lebanese dish. The Bamia (Okra) dish is usually served with fresh pita bread or white rice on the side and some hot green pepper.
- ½ a kilo bamia (Okra), Fresh or Frozen (Fresh is better)
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup pomegranate molasses
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, Minced (Optional)
- Fry the Bamia (okra) in the olive oil until it has brown color.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add diced tomatoes.
- Add the bunch of chopped cilantro.
- Add lemon juice and the pomegranate molasses
- Cook everything together until the Bamia (okra) becomes soft.
- Add garlic at the end of cooking it will give the dish a delicious taste (if you don't like Garlic you can ignore this step).
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.