Cucumber Yogurt Salad...Khyar Bi Laban
Enjoy middle eastern salad recipes... Khyar bi laban is a cucumber salad with yogurt. It is a vegetarian favorite. This recipe is perfect if you like to use organic ingredients. Served cold, its makes a great addition to any meat dish or as an appetizer.
4 cucumbers, peeled and cut into thin slices
1 1/2 pints plain yogurt
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon fresh mint
1 clove garlic
- Place sliced cucumbers in strainer and sprinkle salt on them. Set aside.
- Crush garlic and mash together with mint with mortar and pestle or with wood spoon.
- Combine yogurt and garlic.mint mixture together. Stir well.
- Fold in cucumber slices and serve cold.
- Add mint as a garnish to the top.
Cucumbers can be quartered lengthwise and then chopped into thin, small pieces instead of round slices. It's a matter of preference.
Parsley tabbouleh - Fattoush Salad Recipe - Hummus with yogurt
Save and share Cucumber Yogurt Salad...Khyar Bi Laban
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.