Easy recipe for Okra and Meat Stew. Enjoy Syrian cuisine and learn how to make delicious Okra and Meat Stew... serve with rice.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 1 hour, 30 minutes
600 g okra, small size
2 cups oil for deep frying
500 g beef, cut into cubes
4 cups water or 1 liter
4 medium tomatoes or 600 g, diced
2 cubes MAGGI® Flavored Mutton Bouillon
½ tablespoon butter
4 cloves garlic, crushed
¾ cup coriander leaves or 50 g, chopped
- Clean the okra then deep fry until half way cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Add meat and water to a large saucepan. Bring to boil and skim froth as it appears. Then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is almost cooked.
- Add tomato, MAGGI® Flavored Mutton Bouillon cubes, add more water if needed, and simmer until meat is tender.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the garlic and coriander for almost a minute, then add it to the stew with the fried okra.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
Save and share Syrian Okra and Meat Stew Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.