Lebanese Meat Loaf (Kibbeh) Recipe
The home of Lebanese & Middle Eastern Recipes invites you to try traditional Lebanese Meat Loaf (Kibbeh) Recipe - An authentic side dish in the Lebanese Kitchen.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
1 cup bulgur wheat
2 cups coarsely chopped onions
1 pound ground lean (7% fat or less) beef or lamb
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
About 1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Place bulgur in a fine strainer and rinse thoroughly with cool water.
- In a food processor, finely chop the onions. Add beef, 1/2 cup water, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon salt. Whirl until mixture is a smooth paste.
- Add bulgur and 1/4 cup parsley; whirl just to mix.
- Pat meat mixture evenly into a shallow 1- to 1 1/2-quart casserole. Cut through meat mixture to make diamonds 2 to 3 inches wide. Place a peppercorn in the center of each diamond.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 425° oven until meat is no longer pink in center (cut to test), about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and add salt to taste.
- To serve, cut diamonds apart and accompany with yogurt.
Calories: 357 (22% from fat)
Fat: 8.8g (sat 3.2)
Sunset, JANUARY 1998
Potato Kibbeh in Oven -baked kibbeh - KIBBEH NAYYEH
Save and share Lebanese Meat Loaf (Kibbeh) Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.