Monday, August 30, 2010
Meatball Sandwiches Recipe
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Meatball Sandwiches Recipe. Enjoy tasty Middle Eastern food and learn how to make delicious Meatball Sandwiches.
Minty meatballs with a stream of yogurt sauce and served in pita give a Middle Eastern spin to budget-friendly meatball sandwiches. No matter what kind of bread you use, these meatball sandwiches are sure to be a hit. From start to finish, this meal will be ready in 30 minutes.
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 pound lean ground beef or lamb
Nonstick spray coating
2 large pita bread rounds, halved
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, milk, bread crumbs, parsley, onion, 3 teaspoons of the sesame seeds, the garlic, mint, and salt. Add ground beef or lamb; mix well. Shape mixture into 24 meatballs.
2. Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and brown on all sides. Cover skillet and cook meatballs over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until done (160 degrees F).
3. With a slotted spoon remove meatballs from skillet and drain on paper towels.
4. To serve, place meatballs in pita bread halves. Add lettuce and tomato. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds. Serve with yogurt. If desired, serve sandwiches on additional shredded lettuce. Makes 4 servings.
5. Make Ahead Tip: Prepare and cook meatballs; drain on paper towels. Place meatballs on a clean tray; cover with waxed paper; freeze about 30 minutes or until firm. Transfer to airtight freezer container or plastic freezer bag; seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month. To use, thaw overnight. Place in shallow baking pan with 1/4 cup water; cover and heat in 350 degree F. oven for 15 minutes or until heated through. Drain. Serve as above.
recipe source BHG.com
Meatball & Tabouli Wrap - Meatball Stew (Dawood Basha) - Lebanese-style lamb wrap
Save and share Meatball Sandwiches Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.