Saturday, October 23, 2010
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Lamb, fig & almond tagine recipe. Enjoy tasty Moroccan food and learn how to make Lamb, fig & almond tagine.
Lift the lid on this conical cooking pot and unveil the secrets to mouth-watering Moroccan cuisine.
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 120 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6)
85g (1/2 cup) blanched almonds
1 tbs ghee or olive oil
2 brown onions, thinly sliced into rings
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbs finely grated fresh ginger
1 cinnamon stick
1 tbs ground cumin
2 tsp ground paprika
1/2 tsp saffron threads
2kg butterfly lamb leg, excess fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
250ml (1 cup) chicken stock (see note)
375ml (1 1/2 cups) water
250g pkt Angas Park
Soft & Juicy Figs
1 tbs honey
Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the almonds on a baking tray. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until toasted. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, heat the ghee or oil in a 28cm flameproof tagine over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute or until soft. Add cinnamon, cumin, paprika and saffron. Cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the lamb and toss to coat.
4. Add stock and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 1 1/2 hours or until lamb is tender.
5. Stir in the figs and honey. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the figs are plump and the liquid reduces and thickens slightly.
6. Top with almonds and coriander.
To make this gluten free, use gluten-free stock.
With a twist: Swap figs for prunes or dates.
Good Taste - May 2010, Page 102
Recipe by Michelle Southan
Benefits of Figs - Chickpea tagine with figs - Lamb Kofte Tagine Recipe
Save and share Lamb, fig & almond tagine recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.