Choc-honeycomb ice-cream cake
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Choc-honeycomb ice-cream cake Recipe. Enjoy Christmas Desserts and learn how to make Choc-honeycomb ice-cream cake.
Need a last-minute yet absolutely divine Christmas dessert? Then this choc-honeycomb ice-cream cake is for you!
Preparation Time 135 minutes
Ingredients (serves 20)
4 litres chocolate ice cream
2 litres vanilla ice cream
3 x 50g Violet Crumble bars, roughly chopped
Half a 250g packet Choc Ripple biscuits, roughly chopped
Maltesers, frozen raspberries and chopped Violet Crumble, to serve
1. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 5cm overhang on all sides.
2. Spoon 2 litres chocolate ice cream into a large bowl.
3. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Stir until smooth. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth surface. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 30 minutes or until just firm.
4. Spoon vanilla ice cream into a large bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Stir until smooth.Fold in Violet Crumble. Spoon over chocolate ice cream layer in pan. Smooth surface. Cover. Freeze for 30 minutes or until just firm.
5. Spoon remaining chocolate ice cream into a large bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Stir until smooth.
6. Fold in biscuits. Spoon over vanilla ice cream layer. Smooth surface. Cover. Freeze overnight or until firm.
7. Stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften. Turn out on to a plate. Serve decorated with Maltesers, frozen raspberries and Violet Crumble.
This recipe requires overnight freezing.
Taste.com.au - April 6, 2010
Recipe by Kim Coverdale, Food editor - Super Food Ideas
More Christmas Desserts...
Coconut Cake with Chocolate Chunks and Coconut Drizzle
Frosted Fudge Brownies
Chocolate Cherry Trifle
Save and share Choc-honeycomb ice-cream cake
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.