Christmas cupcakes recipe
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Christmas cupcakes Recipe. Enjoy Christmas desserts and learn how to make Christmas cupcakes.
Wrapped in cellophane, these easy cakes make pretty Christmas gifts for friends, neighbours and grandparents
Preparation Time 60 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
1 tsp finely grated orange rind
500g dried mixed fruit
60g (1/2 cup) chopped walnuts
80ml (1/3 cup) fresh orange juice
75g (1/2 cup) plain flour, sifted
75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 tsp mixed spice
250g Orchard White Icing
10 drops green food colouring
36 red Nestle Smarties or Mars M&M'S
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Line twelve 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin pans with cases. Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and orange rind in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Stir in the dried fruit, walnuts and orange juice. Stir in the combined flour and mixed spice. Spoon into the lined pans and smooth the surfaces.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until cupcakes are firm to touch. Set aside in the pans for 5 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Knead the icing following packet directions. Roll out on a sheet of non-stick baking paper until 3mm thick. Use a round 7cm pastry cutter to cut 12 discs from icing. Place on the cupcakes.
5. Bring leftover icing together. Flatten slightly. Wearing gloves to avoid staining your hands, add food colouring and knead until well combined. Roll out on a sheet of non-stick baking paper until 3mm thick. Use a pastry cutter or a small sharp knife to cut 24 small diamond shapes from the icing. Arrange on cupcakes to make leaves. Roll remaining icing into small balls and use to attach Smarties or M&M'S to the cupcakes to make berries.
* Store the cupcakes in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Good Taste - December 2008, Page 101
Recipe by Tracy Rutherford
More Christmas Desserts Recipes
Christmas brownies recipe
Chocolate Cherry Trifle Recipe
Chocolate and Citrus Dacquoise
Apple Crisp Recipe
Best Frosted Fudge Brownies
Save and share Christmas cupcakes recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.