Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Soft pavlova roll with liqueur mascarpone and berry compote
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Soft pavlova roll with liqueur mascarpone and berry compote Recipe. Enjoy Christmas Desserts and learn how to make Soft pavlova roll with liqueur mascarpone and berry compote.
Ingredients (serves 8)
1 x 250g ctn mascarpone
1/2 cup (125ml) double cream
1 1/2 tbs icing sugar mixture
1 tbs Grand Marnier liqueur
1 3/4 cups (375g) caster sugar
2 tsp cornflour
2 tsp white vinegar
Icing sugar mixture, extra, to dust
1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
1/3 cup (80ml) water
1 x 500g packet frozen raspberries, thawed
2 x 250g punnets strawberries, hulled, thinly sliced
1 x 150g punnet blueberries
1 x 150g punnet raspberries
1. Combine the mascarpone, cream, icing sugar and Grand Marnier in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to firm slightly.
2. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line the base of a 24 x 30cm Swiss roll pan with baking paper. Use an electric mixer to beat the eggwhites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the caster sugar while continuously whisking. Continue whisking until thick and glossy and sugar dissolves. Add cornflour and vinegar and use a metal spoon to gently fold until just combined. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until just firm. Remove from oven and set aside for 3 minutes to stand. Lay a clean tea towel on a clean work surface. Top with a large sheet of baking paper and dust with extra icing sugar. Turn pavlova out onto baking paper and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
3. Spread mascarpone mixture along the long side of meringue closest to you. Carefully roll pavlova, using the paper and tea towel as a guide, to enclose filling. Keep pavlova wrapped in baking paper and tea towel. Transfer pavlova roll to a tray and place in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight to set.
4. To make the berry compote, combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened slightly. Place the syrup, raspberries and their juices in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Strain though a sieve into a medium bowl. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate to chill.
5. Transfer pavlova roll onto a serving platter. Remove paper and tea towel. Top pavlova roll with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Drizzle with half the raspberry coulis. Cut into slices to serve with remaining raspberry coulis.
Notebook: - December 2007, Page 150
Recipe by Cynthia Black
More Christmas Dessert Recipes...
Choc-honeycomb ice-cream cake
Chocolate Cherry Trifle
Save and share Soft pavlova roll with liqueur mascarpone and berry compote recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.