Sunday, February 27, 2011
Moroccan lamb with carrot mash recipe
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Moroccan lamb with carrot mash Recipe. Enjoy tasty Moroccan food recipes and learn how to make Moroccan lamb with carrot mash.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 tbs tomato paste
1/2-1 tbs harissa paste* (depending how hot you like it)
5 tbs (100ml) olive oil
2 garlic cloves
2-3 (4-cutlet) lamb racks
6 large carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
1 tbs honey
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup (250ml) beef stock
Steamed green beans, to serve
1. Combine pastes with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 crushed garlic clove. Place lamb racks in a dish and brush with marinade. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the carrots in a saucepan of salted water, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender. Drain and mash. Add the honey, lemon juice, parsley, cumin seeds, 2 tablespoons of the remaining olive oil and salt and pepper, then beat well until mixture is smooth. Cover and set aside in a warm place.
3. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
4. Heat remaining oil in an ovenproof frypan, add the lamb racks (reserving any marinade remaining in the pan) - laying them meat-side down - and cook for 1-2 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 10 minutes. Remove and set racks aside in a warm place to rest.
5. Return the frypan to medium heat (watch the handle, it will be hot), add any remaining marinade and the stock, and bring to the boil, stirring, until sauce is reduced by half.
6. Divide the carrot mash between serving plates, add 2-3 lamb cutlets to each plate and drizzle with the sauce. Serve with the steamed green beans.
Available from gourmet food stores.
delicious. - July 2003, Page 82
Recipe by Valli Little
More Moroccan Recipes:
Beef, date & honey tagine with almonds
Moroccan chard & lamb pan-fry
Chicken tagine with couscous
Fast chicken tagine
Easy fish tagine recipe
Save and share Moroccan lamb with carrot mash recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.