Crispy Deep-Fat Frying
|Your family will love the meat in their meal deep-fried.|
The trick to producing crispy deep-fried foods is no trick at all.
- Keep the fat at a constant high temperature. This is best done by using a heavy, flat-bottomed pan and a deep-fat thermometer to monitor the oil temperature. To ensure crispiness:
- Heat cooking oil to the temperature listed in your recipe, typically 365 degrees F to 375 degrees F. You'll need enough oil in the pan to cover the food you're frying.
- To avoid a pasty coating, dip the food in the batter and wait for the excess to drain off.
- Cook in small batches and add the food slowly. Avoid crowding; freely bubbling fat makes for a crispy crust.
- Watch the oil temperature and don't let it drop below the temperature specified.
- Stir the food several times to ensure even cooking.
After frying, drain the food on paper towels. Keep finished batches warm in a 300 degree oven while you finish frying.
Source Better Homes and garden
More form the Lebanese Recipes Kitchen:
Video: How to Make Whole Wheat Pita
Video:Great Ways to Flavor Falafel
Chopping an Onion - How to Chop Onion
Save and share Crispy Deep-Fat Frying
Want to share these cooking tips with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.