Om Ali Recipe - How to Make Om Ali
|Photo: Om Ali Recipe|
1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chopped hazelnuts
1 cup raisins
1 cup flaked coconut
1 1/4 cups white sugar, divided
4 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. Place the pastry sheets in the baking dish and place the dish in the oven. Watch it closely. When the top layer turns crunchy and golden, remove it from the oven. Continue until all the sheets are cooked.
3. Preheat the oven broiler.
4. In a bowl, combine walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, raisins, coconut and 1/4 cup sugar. Break cooked pastry into pieces and stir into nut mixture. Spread mixture evenly in 9×13 inch dish.
5. Bring milk and 1/2 cup sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Pour over nut mixture.
6. Beat the heavy cream with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over nut mixture in dish.
7. Place dessert under oven broiler until top is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
More from the Lebanese Recipes Kitchen:
Hazelnut and honey cake
Save and Share Om Ali Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.