Healthified Mediterranean-Style Chicken and Pasta Recipe
Total Time 25 min
44% fewer calories • 76% less fat • 83% less sat fat than the original recipe. Have a few minutes? Create a taste of the Mediterranean with deliciously easy ingredients.
Prep Time 25 min
2 cups uncooked multigrain penne pasta (6 oz)
2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cups 3/4-inch pieces cooked chicken breast
1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (8 oz) Muir Glen™ organic tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
3/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (3 oz)
1. In 4-quart Dutch oven, cook and drain pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Return to Dutch oven; cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Add zucchini and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano and basil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender and mixture is hot. Stir in olives.
3. Pour chicken mixture over pasta. Top with feta cheese; toss to coat.
- We've replaced ingredients with great-tasting alternatives to create better-for-you recipes that are just as yummy as the originals.
- If you want to reduce the cost of this recipe, sliced black olives can be substituted for the Kalamata.
- Prepare the veggies and cook the chicken ahead of time; cover and refrigerate until you're ready to make the recipe.