Fatayer Falafel (Falafel pastries) recipe
|Fatayer Falafel (Falafel pastries)|
Cooking time: 10 minutes serves: 24
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp instant soft yeast
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup oil
1 cup warm water
24 small Falafel balls
For the sauce
1/4 cup tahini
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 small pinch of salt
1. Put 2 3/4 cup of flour, yeast, sugar, salt, milk and baking powder in the bowl of a food processor and process on low speed for several seconds until just combined. Add oil and water. Process on low speed until dough forms and begins to separate form the sides of the bowl. If dough is too runny, add remaining flour. Process dough on medium speed for 5 minutes.
2. Put dough in a dish greased with little oil. Wipe the surface of the dough with oil. Wrap dish with a piece of plastic. Place dish in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
3. Bring a large size pancake pan.
4. Cut the dough into 24 ball as the size of falafel balls. On a floured surface roll out the dough balls a little larger than the falafel ball. Place falafel ball in the center of dough. Gather the dough around the falafel ball leaving falafel not covered with dough (as in picture). place dough in the cups of the pan then wrap with plastic. place the pan in a warm place for 10 minutes until doubles in size.
5. Preheat oven to 200°C.
6. Bake on the middle rack for 10 minutes until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven. Distribute Tahini sauce on baked pastries. Serve hot.
8. Tahini sauce: In a deep dish put tahini, lemon juice and water. Mix tahini Using a manual beater, adding more water until forming a thick sauce. Add the parsley and salt.