Grilled kofta sandwiches recipe
|Grilled kofta sandwiches|
Cooking time: 15 minutes | serves: 5-6
500 grams Lamb
1 large onion, quarters
1/2 bunch of parsley
1/4 bunch dill
1/2 medium green bell pepper
1 tbsp allspice
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1 tbsp coriander, grounded
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Rind of half a lemon( squeezed), charcoal, pita bread
1. Meatballs: Bring meat grinder. Fix disk with small holes. In a deep dish, grind meat, onions, tomatoes, parsley, dill and bell pepper . Add allspice, black pepper, coriander and hot sauce.
2. Transfer the previous mix to the electric mixer bowl. Process for 1 to 2 minutes until combined.
3. Place kofta in a clean dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place it the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Thread one meatball on a wooden skewer, then form meat into a log shape around long wooden skewer. Rinse your hands with cold water from time to time while forming kofta. Repeat until all lamb mixture is used.
5. Heat the electric grill. Grill skewers until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
6. In the meantime, place a piece of charcoal on fire until lit.
7. Put the grilled skewers again on the grill. Place the lemon rind in the middle then put little oil in it.
8. Drop the lit charcoal in the lemon rind. Cover the grill for some seconds until kofta absorb the smell of charcoal and barbecue.
9. Discard lemon rind and charcoal. Keep kofta hot until serving.
10. Tahini sauce: Put the tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper in a deep dish and mix until you get smooth sauce.
11. Cut the Pita bread into halves. Put into each half, some lettuce, cabbage and grilled kofta, then distribute about 1 tablespoon of tahini sauce on the kofta.
If you don't have an electric grill, put skewers on a cooking grid over a tray and grill in the oven. Put the grilled kofta in a clean tray. Place the lemon rind in the middle then put little oil in it. Drop the lit charcoal into the oil and cover the tray quickly with aluminum foil. Enjoy the taste of grilled kofta sandwiches on charcoal.