Crispy Moroccan Lamb Rolls Recipe
|Crispy Moroccan Lamb Rolls|
Lamb is my choice as for this Crispy Moroccan Lamb Rolls as it delivers on flavour and is more authentic for a moroccan dish. The spice of the harissa in the sauce and the sweetness of the icing sugar and cinnamon create the perfect flavour combination that you’re going to love!
By Beth Hinds
4 cloves of garlic
1tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
250g lamb mince
70g feta cheese a bowl and cover with boiling water.4 large sheets of filo pastry
1tbsp flaked almonds
1tsp icing sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tbsp fat free natural yoghurt
1 tbsp harissa
- Put the couscous in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes with a plate on top.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic and place in a pan with the olive oil, turmeric and cumin. Fry for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fry the lamb and add to the onion and spices. Stir in the couscous and crumble in the feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Working quickly, lay out the pastry sheets and brush with oil. Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts and place on the short edge of the filo pastry sheet and roll up carefully, folding in the edges.
- Place the rolls on a non stick tray. Brush with oil and cover with the flaked almonds, icing sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 25 minutes until the rolls are crisp and golden.
- For a delicious side sauce, stir together the harissa and yoghurt to serve with the lamb filo rolls. Enjoy!