Tabbouleh…the real deal!
Time: 25 min
3 C Chopped Parsley
2 C Vine Ripened Tomatoes (not too ripe), diced
1/4 C Fine Bulghur Wheat
1/4 C Green Onion, white parts
1/8 C Green Onion, green parts
1/2 Tbsp Dried Mint
1/2 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
2 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
3-4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash chopped parsley thoroughly and let drain in a fine mesh strainer.
- Meanwhile, dice tomaotes and green onions and set aside.
- Sprinkle the white parts of the green onion with a pinch of salt and pepper to allow them to release a bit of their juices.
- In a large mixing bowl, add parsley, burghul, diced tomatoes, green onions (green & white parts), dried mint, and sea salt.
- Add lemon juice and EVOO just before mixing.
Let the flavours settle for 10-15 minutes and serve with pita bread and/or lettuce.
For a nice presentation, transfer to a serving bowl lined with romain lettuce leaves, use romain lettuce leaves to make tabbouleh boats or iceberg lettuce leaves to make tabbouleh cups.
Recipe & Photography by Nissrine @ Harmony à la Carte.