Middle Eastern Salad with Lemon, Mint and Garlic (Syrian Salad) Recipe
|Middle Eastern Salad with Lemon, Mint and Garlic (Syrian Salad)|
Prep Time 10 mins | Total Time 10 mins
This flavorful Lebanese salad is dressed with lemon juice, fresh garlic, olive oil and mint.
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Calories: 120 kcal
Author: Liz DellaCroce
6 c romaine chopped
1 large tomato chopped
4 white radishes thinly sliced
1 red pepper diced
1 peeled cucumber chopped
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped mint or 2 tablespoons dried mint
1 Juice of lemon
2 cloves garlic grated/crushed
4 tsp olive oil
2 tablespoons za'atar optional
salt and pepper to taste
- Place your salad ingredients of choice in a large bowl.
- Add fresh herbs.
- Squeeze juice of one lemon around the bowl, carefully holding your opposite hand underneath to catch the seeds.
- Grate garlic directly over the salad using a microplane.
- Drizzle olive oil around the edge of the salad (this will help ensure the salad is dressed evenly as you toss.)
- Using, hands, gently toss the salad together. Sprinkle with zaatar, salt and pepper to taste.
(Excellent source of mono-unsaturated fatty acid, Vitamin C and Vitamin A.)
Source: The Lemon Bowl