Fava beans and Rice (Rez bel fool)
Tasty Arabic main dish common in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Palestine it's Fava beans and Rice (Rez bel fool).
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1 kilo green fava beans (Fool akhdar)
- 1/4 kilo of (lean) meat
- 1 cup of cooking fat
- 1 big onion
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Clean the Fava beans (Fool) with water very well.
- Mince the meat using the mincing machine.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Fry the onions using the cooking fat until it becomes lightly brown.
- Put the minced meat over it and cook until well done.
- Add the Fava beans (Fool) and mix until it becomes slightly yellow.
- Add the the Salt , Pepper and cinnamon and mix very well.
- Add the water over the mixture until it is totally drawned (1 cm. over the top of the mixture).
- Cook for 15 minutes over a medium fire.
- Clean the rice and pour it over the mixture.
- Cook over a high flame until it starts boiling.
- Reduce the flame to low until the rice is well done.
- Do not let the rice get totaly dry keep it moistened a bit.
- Serve with yogurt.