Lets start the delicious Fattoush Recipe
Bread is kept in a basket or a nylon bag, and small pieces always accumulate at the bottom of it. The salad known as fattoush makes use of them and prevents their waste.
Ingredients - Fattoush:
- Small grilled or fried pieces of Lebanese/pita bread (although you can try with croutons)
- 1/2 kg cucumber or Lebanese cucumber
- 1/2 kg tomatoes
- 2 bunches of parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 bunch of purslane (this "weed" grows in American backyards, but if the word rings no bells simply ignore it and use lettuce instead)
- 3 onions (if wanted)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Separate the leaves off the parsley, mint and purslane. Slice the cucumbers, dice the tomatoes. Pound the garlic with the salt and mix it in the oil and lemon.
- Mix the vegetables and top with the bread fragments. Pour the sauce and sprinkle sumac all over.
See More Middle Eastern Mezze Recipes: