Basbousa with Pistachio Recipe
If you like Basbousa try it with Pistachio, get the taste of oriental cuisine using an easy recipe to prepare Basbousa
Ingredients - Serves 10
- 1 cup butter or 200 g, melted
- 1 tin NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk or 397 g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups semolina or 320 g
- 1½ cups pistachio nuts or 210 g, finely chopped
- 2 cups sugar or 400 g
- 1½ cups water or 375 ml
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- In a bowl, combine butter, NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk and baking powder and stir well. Add semolina and mix until well-combined.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachio evenly in a 28cm x 24cm baking tin. Pour semolina mixture over the pistachio and level it.
- Bake in a 190°C preheated oven for 35 minutes or until top is golden.
- Remove from oven and pour cooled syrup on top. Place in fridge to completely cool then cut into diamond shapes and serve.
- Place sugar and water in a saucepan, bring to boil and simmer for 6-8 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and rosewater.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.